RTMO - Railway Transport Mobility Optimization Project
Railway optimization project is a software development system for the optimization and management of railway transport system in Austria. Cooperation is carried out in both Austria and Albania. The scope of the project is the development of a capacity management and optimization tool for an end to end integrated rail supply chain from the rail hub/feeder line of the shipping customer, to the rail hub/feeder line of the receiver customer. The purpose of this project is to achieve the following, developing a set of optimization strategies for the operation of the Feeder Line including RTC shunting, loading & unloading.
The optimization of available transport resources by the rail operator by means of coordinated planning and execution of process activities and thereby simultaneously possible optimization of loading and unloading capacities at customer side, allows for a better use of resources and increase in efficiency for both companies.
Key features and Highlights
– RTMO is a multi-tier architecture software and a set of integrated software’s and components like:
- Optimizer is responsible for daily, weekly, monthly working plan optimization in the customer’s yard.
- Simulator is responsible for plan simulation
- Jbpm is a component responsible to manage workflow processes
- IFM is the interface communication with edge devices in real time
- Camera devices emits data in real time from the yard
- GPS Tracking devices emits data for the locomotive inside the yard
- VIMS are other edge machine devices
– The combination of the currently different IT systems and processes of the industrial partner with those of the rail operator creates a unified transport information system, which results in an efficiency increase for both companies in logistics and production.
– The optimization of available transport resource by means of Railway Optimization coordinated planning and execution of process activities and thereby simultaneously possible optimization of unloading capacities at customer site allows for a better use of resources and increase in efficiency for both companies.
About the Project
Industry: Public Sector Austria
• Wildfly application server
• Oracle 11G
• Java EE stack (EJB, CDI, JaxRS, JaxWS, JSF)
• JPA & Hibernate, Envers
• Apache Camel
• Apache Shiro
First Development Phase: August 2016 – June 2018
Second Development Phase: May 2019 – Ongoing